We are a fast-growing start-up backed by leading investors including the Australian Government’s Clean Energy Finance Corporation. We are on the path to becoming one of the leading global businesses in supporting nature-based solutions to climate change. We are expanding at pace with rapidly accelerating demand from companies, financial institutions, and landowners around the world.
Our mission is to make every hectare of land count towards achieving global climate, biodiversity, and food security goals. We build a digital twin of natural assets to support decision making and investment in the restoration of soils, biodiversity, and water resources globally at all scales.
Our completely remote platform provides detailed evidence of what is happening on the ground and our game-changing MRV methodology produces scientifically robust, high-quality metrics. We help farmers increase resilience, financial institutions provide green lending and agricultural supply chains become carbon neutral and biodiversity positive.
Our team is composed of global experts who are passionate about delivering real solutions to climate change. Our Founder and Chief Scientist is the former Chief Scientist for UNEP and Executive Director of the European Environment Agency. Our management team includes previous CEOs of global energy companies, heads of business development and technology at successful global data businesses and start-ups.
We are looking for an exceptional, driven, commercially minded Americas Regional Head with a strong desire to rapidly drive change at scale and make a positive impact on the world.
You will enjoy working at pace, dealing with uncertainty, engaging across the market to engage customers and potential partners in the Americas.
This role presents the opportunity to have both a meaningful impact on climate solutions and also share in our rapidly-expanding growth, with the successful candidate to be offered share options at an early stage in our company journey.
Your responsibilities will include representing our company in the Americas, developing our proposition to suit the specific needs of the market, driving enterprise level agreements with our institutional customers, engaging customers and partners across the region and value chains, and generating revenue from our carbon, biodiversity, and water products.
You will be an excellent communicator, commercially minded, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to drive exponential growth and keen to represent our company in the region.
This role is based in the United States ideally in the Midwest but we will consider candidates from across the USA. The team is global and works out of the UK, Continental Europe, Australia, Canada, the Middle East, and Africa and all speak English fluently. This role reports into our Co-Founder and Chief Development Officer.
What does the job involve?
- Articulate the regional go to market strategy and develop and execute robust plans to expand customer base in the region and deliver revenue targets
- Drive sales and strategic partnerships through detailed account planning focusing on delivering and developing customer outcomes for our existing product lines in the Americas region
- Marketing strategy including communications, product launch planning, and marketing materials for the Americas region in coordination with global team
- Establish relationships with priority clients to manage the client opportunity pipeline
- Engage with regulators and other certification bodies in the region
- Establish relationships with other entities with whom Downforce Technologies may partner
- Attend conferences and industry days where contracting opportunities may be discussed
What skills and experience do I need?
- Commercial acumen and demonstrable success in high-growth businesses with a successful track record of delivering revenue targets
- Experience selling products / projects to global financial institutions and large corporations
- Hands-on, self-starter with an entrepreneurial approach
- Strategic and critical thinking skills to identify new opportunities and resolve challenges throughout the client development process
- Deep understanding of the markets in the Americas
- Clear communicator and networker, with excellent verbal and written skills, able to effectively engage with all stakeholders and with gravitas when presenting to customers, senior executives, and c-level audiences
The ideal candidate will also have experience in some of these areas:
- Ag-Tech experience
- Start-up / Scale-up experience
- Advanced degree, preferably an MBA or Master’s degree in a agricultural/ financial or scientific field
To apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.