At Downforce Technologies, our mission is to make every hectare of land count towards achieving global climate, biodiversity and food security goals. Healthy soils are critical in that process. Our platform is able to measure levels of soil carbon and natural capital remotely at unparalleled levels of accuracy and scale.
We are a fast-growing startup backed by the Australian Government’s Clean Energy Finance Corporation and other leading investors. We have aspirations to be one of the biggest global businesses in supporting nature based solutions to climate change.
Our analyses help farmers become more resilient, financial institutions provide the financing needed and agricultural supply chains become carbon neutral.
We are growing at pace in this exciting and swiftly evolving space and our team is composed of global experts who are passionate about delivering real solutions to climate change. Our Chief Scientist is the former Chief Scientist for UNEP and Executive Director of the European Environment Agency. Our management team also includes previous CEOs of global energy companies, heads of business development and technology at successful global data businesses and startups.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate DevOps Engineer with a strong desire to make a positive impact on the world.
This role presents the opportunity to have not only meaningful impact on global climate solutions but also share in the growth of the company, with the successful candidate to be offered share options at an early stage in our company journey.
This role is remote anywhere in EMEA. The team works out of the UK, Continental Europe, Australia, Canada, Middle East and Africa and all speak English fluently. This role reports into our CTO.
What does the job involve?
- Design and implementation of modern, secure and scalable cloud (AWS) infrastructure for a suite of web applications and data processing systems
- Automated orchestration and system provisioning using Infrastructure-as-Code (AWS CDK)
- Code and process optimisations to accelerate solution delivery and reduce cost
- Root-cause analysis to identify and resolve deployment issues
- Ensuring solutions are implemented according to information security best practice, and proactively eliminating security vulnerabilities
- Improving and automating development and release processes
- Promoting awareness of DevOps best practice within the organisation
- Working in a small, fully-remote Agile team
What skills and experience do I need?
- Strong passion for building well-designed, scalable and automated data solutions
- Ability to learn and utilise new technologies quickly
- Extensive AWS DevOps experience
- Strong command of Linux scripting
- Strong experience in one or more scripting languages/frameworks
- Working knowledge of automated orchestration and system provisioning using Infrastructure-as-Code
- Developing CICD pipelines with the goal of moving towards continuous delivery
- Strong awareness, and application, of information security best practice
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience
The ideal candidate will also have experience in some of these areas:
- AWS CDK
- SaaS deployment at scale
- Startup / scale up experience
To apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV.