We are a fast-growing start-up backed by leading investors including the Australian Government’s Clean Energy Finance Corporation. We are on the path to becoming one of the leading global businesses in supporting nature-based solutions to climate change. We are expanding at pace with rapidly accelerating demand from companies, financial institutions, and landowners around the world.
Our mission is to make every hectare of land count towards achieving global climate, biodiversity, and food security goals. We build a digital twin of natural assets to support decision making and investment in the restoration of soils, biodiversity, and water resources globally at all scales.
Our completely remote platform provides detailed evidence of what is happening on the ground and our game-changing MRV methodology produces scientifically robust, high-quality metrics. We help farmers increase resilience, financial institutions provide green lending and agricultural supply chains become carbon neutral and biodiversity positive.
Our team is composed of global experts who are passionate about delivering real solutions to climate change. Our Founder and Chief Scientist is the former Chief Scientist for UNEP and Executive Director of the European Environment Agency. Our management team includes previous CEOs of global energy companies, heads of business development and technology at successful global data businesses and start-ups.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate individual with a background in Finance and Administrator that will provide a solid backbone to the organisation for all our financial and personnel administration aspects, with a strong desire to make a positive impact on the world.
This role presents the opportunity to have both a meaningful impact on climate solutions and also share in our rapidly-expanding growth, with the successful candidate to be offered share options at an early stage in our company journey.
This role is based in the United Kingdom, and the team works out of the UK, Continental Europe, Australia, Canada, the Middle East, and Africa and all speak English fluently. This role reports into our CEO.
What skills and experience do I need?
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications
- A relevant bachelor degree
- Have a proven track record of at least 2 years in finance and administration of a small to medium- sized business
- Have excellent organisation skills with the ability to structure processes and set up efficient systems to support Downforce’s continued growth
- Be consistent and accurate and have an eye for detail
- Have experience in and be committed to following careful procedures to protect the sensitive personal data involved in this role
- Have excellent numerical skills and advanced knowledge of Excel
- Learn quickly, be adaptable, flexible and able to work in the ever-changing context of a growing organisation
- Be able to take the initiative and take a creative problem-solving approach
- Have well-developed interpersonal skills, working well independently and as part of a small but growing team, and collaborating well with colleagues
- Highly desired: Experience in the use the Xero Accounting System for financial management and budget tracking
The ideal candidate will also have skills and experience in these areas:
- Raising accurate and timely invoices, chase unpaid invoices, including invoices for international clients and counter-parties, and apply the correct VAT rules
- Ensure all supplier payments and staff expenses are paid on time, working in conjunction with the CEO and supported by staff
- Conduct supplier due diligence as required
- Assist the CEO and accountants to produce the quarterly VAT Returns, Management Accounts, Budget and Annual Accounts
- Manage insurance policy updates and renewals
- Liaison with external providers for payroll, pension scheme and benefits
- Set up and manage any key finance and administrative processes, systems, and procedures
To apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.