At Downforce Technologies we want to harness the power of nature to help address climate change. Healthy soils are critical in that process. Our platform is able to measure levels of soil carbon and natural capital remotely at unparalleled levels of accuracy and scale.
We are a startup backed by the Australian Government’s Clean Energy Finance Corporation and other leading investors. We have aspirations to be one of the biggest global businesses in supporting nature based solutions to climate change.
Our analyses help farmers become more resilient, financial institutions provide the financing needed and agricultural supply chains become carbon neutral.
We are growing at pace in this exciting and swiftly evolving space and our team is composed of global experts who are passionate about delivering real solutions to climate change. Our Chief Scientist is the former Chief Scientist for UNEP and Executive Director of the European Environment Agency. Our management team also includes previous CEOs of global energy companies, heads of business development and technology at successful global data businesses and startups.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate full-stack software engineer with a strong desire to make a positive impact on the world. You’ll have an opportunity to play a major role in developing Downforce Technologies’ cutting-edge natural capital measurement platform.
This role presents the opportunity to have not only meaningful impact on global climate solutions but also share in the growth of the company, with the successful candidate to be offered share options at an early stage in our company journey.
This role is remote but based in EMEA. The team works out of the UK, Continental Europe, Australia, Canada, Middle East and Africa and all speak English fluently. This role reports into our Chief Technology Officer.
What does the job involve?
- Design and implementation of new products and features using a tech stack that currently includes Angular 13, Python, C# and AWS, amongst other technologies
- Building solutions for natural capital measurement, carbon sequestration and regenerative farming
- Continuous improvement of product quality, security and scalability
- Working in a small, fully-remote Agile team of talented software engineers
- Collaborating with a wider team of Downforce Technologies scientists, data analysts and executives to align deliverables and expectations
- Taking initiative and leading technical conversations
- Performing code reviews
What skills and experience do I need?
- Ability to learn and utilise new technologies quickly
- Experience creating and maintaining web applications using a modern web framework (ideally Angular) and at least one backend language/framework (ideally Python/Django)
- Pragmatic approach to building software products
- Good understanding and application of software development best-practice
- Unit and integration testing
- Good communication skills
- Degree in technology from top tier university with a scientific / technology background
The ideal candidate will also have experience in some of these areas:
- Exposure to C#/.Net
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Startup / scale up experience
To apply please contact us at email@example.com with a CV.