We are a fast-growing start-up backed by leading investors including the Australian Government’s Clean Energy Finance Corporation. We are on the path to becoming one of the leading global businesses in supporting nature-based solutions to climate change. We are expanding at pace with rapidly accelerating demand from companies, financial institutions, and landowners around the world.
Our mission is to make every hectare of land count towards achieving global climate, biodiversity, and food security goals. We build a digital twin of natural assets to support decision making and investment in the restoration of soils, biodiversity, and water resources globally at all scales.
Our completely remote platform provides detailed evidence of what is happening on the ground and our game-changing MRV methodology produces scientifically robust, high-quality metrics. We help farmers increase resilience, financial institutions provide green lending and agricultural supply chains become carbon neutral and biodiversity positive.
Our team is composed of global experts who are passionate about delivering real solutions to climate change. Our Founder and Chief Scientist is the former Chief Scientist for UNEP and Executive Director of the European Environment Agency. Our management team includes previous CEOs of global energy companies, heads of business development and technology at successful global data businesses and start-ups.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated, and passionate Partnerships Lead with a strong desire to make a positive impact on the world. We believe in a collaborative approach to business and are building an ecosystem of meaningful strategic partnerships with start-ups, mature companies, research and academic institutions, farmers, and NGOs around the world.
You will enjoy working at pace, dealing with uncertainty, collaborating across stakeholder groups and identifying and prioritising opportunities for collaboration at speed and scale.
Ours is a very exciting and rapidly evolving market which requires thoughtful engagement and rapid opportunity assessment. You will be able to work across stakeholder groups to identify, nurture and implement meaningful partnerships.
This role presents the opportunity to have both a meaningful impact on climate solutions and also share in our rapidly-expanding growth, with the successful candidate to be offered share options at an early stage in our company journey.
We are looking for the right person so this role can be based anywhere within GMT+ or -3 although London would be preferable. We work out of the UK, Continental Europe, Australia, Canada, the Middle East, and Africa and all speak English fluently. This role reports into our Co-Founder and Chief Development Officer.
What does the job involve?
- Drive partnership and collaboration strategy globally
- Identify new partnership opportunities across stakeholder groups
- Work closely with others in the commercial team to engage potential partners, and lead the coordination effort to translate interest into comprehensive partnership agreements
- Take a lead role in the development of proposals, presentations, and agreements for new partners
- Coordinate across teams to provide guidance on strategy and prioritisation for partner needs and advancement of deals
- Establish relationships with priority partners to manage the partner opportunity pipeline
- Attend conferences and industry days where partnership opportunities may be discussed
- Work to meet or exceed agreed performance goals and targets for income generation through partnerships, taking appropriate advice and action to deliver commitments on time and on budget
- Effectively assess and manage all partnership delivery risks ensuring compliance with relevant best practices and company policies
What skills and experience do I need?
- Commercial acumen and demonstrable success in high growth businesses with a successful track record of developing partner relationships with global public and private sector stakeholders
- Experience delivering products / projects to global financial institutions and large corporations
- Entrepreneurial approach: ability to initiate the identification and execution of innovative ideas
- Strategic and critical thinking skills to identify new opportunities and resolve challenges throughout the client development process
- Ability to drive creation of whitepapers, blog posts, and competitive comparisons
- Experience working collaboratively and successfully in diverse environments with R&D, engineering and business development teams situated around the world
- Clear communicator and networker, with excellent verbal and written skills, able to effectively engage with all stakeholders and with gravitas when presenting to customers, senior executives, and c-level audiences to support the delivery of shared objectives.
The ideal candidate will also have experience in some of these areas:
- Ag-Tech experience
- Start-up / Scale-up experience
- Advanced degree, preferably an MBA or Master’s degree in a scientific/technology field
To apply please contact us at email@example.com with your CV.