At Downforce Technologies, our mission is to make every hectare of land count towards achieving global climate, biodiversity and food security goals. Healthy soils are critical in that process. Our platform is able to measure levels of soil carbon and natural capital remotely at unparalleled levels of accuracy and scale.
We are a fast-growing startup backed by the Australian Government’s Clean Energy Finance Corporation and other leading investors. We have aspirations to be one of the biggest global businesses in supporting nature based solutions to climate change.
Our analyses help farmers become more resilient, financial institutions provide the financing needed and agricultural supply chains become carbon neutral.
We are growing at pace in this exciting and swiftly evolving space and our team is composed of global experts who are passionate about delivering real solutions to climate change. Our Chief Scientist is the former Chief Scientist for UNEP and Executive Director of the European Environment Agency. Our management team also includes previous CEOs of global energy companies, heads of business development and technology at successful global data businesses and startups.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate QA Software Engineer with a strong desire to make a positive impact on the world.
This role presents the opportunity to have not only meaningful impact on global climate solutions but also share in the growth of the company, with the successful candidate to be offered share options at an early stage in our company journey.
This role is remote anywhere in EMEA. The team works out of the UK, Continental Europe, Australia, Canada, Middle East and Africa and all speak English fluently. This role reports into our CTO.
What does the job involve?
- Ensuring Downforce Technologies’ products are of high quality and meet client requirements
- Writing and implementing automated and manual test cases for web applications and APIs
- Identifying software defects and working with developers to ensure correct resolution
- Incorporating automated tests into the team’s CI/CD pipeline
- Functional and non-functional testing
- Working closely with the CTO and other stakeholders to identify, measure and track software quality metrics
- Promoting a strong culture of quality and continuous improvement
- Providing some product technical support
- Working in a small, fully-remote Agile team
What skills and experience do I need?
- Experience with test automation frameworks
- Ability to learn and utilise new technologies quickly
- Working knowledge of two or more programming/scripting languages
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to write clear and concise test cases
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience
The ideal candidate will also have experience in some of these areas:
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and mapping software
- Startup / scale up experience
To apply please contact us at email@example.com with a CV.