Head of Business Development, Australia
We are a fast-growing start-up backed by leading investors including the Australian Government’s Clean Energy Finance Corporation. We are on the path to becoming one of the leading global businesses in supporting nature-based solutions to climate change. We are expanding at pace with rapidly accelerating demand from companies, financial institutions, and landowners around the world.
Our mission is to make every hectare of land count towards achieving global climate, biodiversity, and food security goals. We build a digital twin of natural assets to support decision making and investment in the restoration of soils, biodiversity, and water resources globally at all scales.
Our completely remote platform provides detailed evidence of what is happening on the ground and our game-changing MRV methodology produces scientifically robust, high-quality metrics. We help farmers increase resilience, financial institutions provide green lending and agricultural supply chains become carbon neutral and biodiversity positive.
Our team is composed of global experts who are passionate about delivering real solutions to climate change. Our Founder and Chief Scientist is the former Chief Scientist for UNEP and Executive Director of the European Environment Agency. Our management team includes previous CEOs of global energy companies, heads of business development and technology at successful global data businesses and start-ups.
We are looking for an exceptional, driven, commercially minded Business Development lead with a strong desire to rapidly drive change at scale and make a positive impact on the world.
You will enjoy working at pace, dealing with uncertainty, engaging across the market to engage customers and potential partners in Australia.
This role presents the opportunity to have both a meaningful impact on climate solutions and also share in our rapidly-expanding growth, with the successful candidate to be offered share options at an early stage in our company journey.
Your responsibilities will include representing our company in Australia, developing our proposition to suit the specific needs of the market, driving enterprise level agreements with our institutional customers, engaging customers and partners across the region and value chains, and generating revenue from our carbon, biodiversity, and water products.
You will be an excellent communicator, commercially minded, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to drive exponential growth and keen to represent our company in the region.
This role is based in Australia ideally in or near Orange, Sydney or Melbourne, but we will consider candidates from across the country. The team is global and works out of the UK, Continental Europe, Canada, the Middle East, and Africa and all speak English fluently. This role reports into our Head of APAC, who is based in Orange.
What does the job involve?
- Prospect, acquire, develop, and expand business leads identifying new sales opportunities across key channels to increase sales volume
- Build and maintain account matrixes of target clients to map potential clients of Downforce products and services
- Develop proposals, client materials, and undertake sales activities to close identified opportunities
- Work with regional team to contact new and existing clients to make them aware of Downforce’s services booking client meetings and arranging meeting content
- Provide PMO support including deal communications and meetings
- Coordinate client presentations, liaising with other regional teams to ensure agenda meets client and Downforce objectives
- Achieve short- and long-term sales growth by increasing cross selling activities within existing and new accounts
- Bring innovative ideas and insights from lessons learnt from client engagement to continuously improve Downforce solutions and proposals
What skills and experience do I need?
- Commercial acumen and demonstrable success in high growth businesses with a successful track record of delivering revenue targets
- Experience selling products / projects to financial institutions and large corporations
- Hands-on, self-starter with an entrepreneurial approach
- Strategic and critical thinking skills to identify new opportunities and resolve challenges throughout the client development process
- Deep understanding of the Agricultural markets in Australia.
- Clear communicator and networker, with excellent verbal and written skills, able to effectively engage with all stakeholders and with gravitas when presenting to customers, senior executives, and c-level audiences
The ideal candidate will also have experience in some of these areas:
- Ag-Tech, Agribusiness or Ag services Sales experience
- Start-up / Scale-up experience
- Natural Capital markets
- Degree, preferably Master’s degree in an agricultural/ financial or scientific field
To apply please contact us at email@example.com with a CV.